2 almond croissants roughly torn
3 slices raisin bread (roughly torn
400 gm brioche (tsoureki) loaf, roughly torn
100 gm unsalted butter, melted, cooled
1 cup (220 gm) caster sugar
600 ml pure cream
600 ml milk
Finely grated zest of 1 orange
2 tsp vanilla extract
Icing sugar, to dust
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Grease a two litre baking dish
3. Arrange the almond croissant pieces in the baking dish, then top with layer of pain au raisins pieces and finish with a layer of brioche.
4. Whisk the butter, eggs, sugar, cream, milk, orange zest and vanilla together in a bowl until just combined.
5. Pour over the pastries and brioche; stand for 3-4 hours to allow the cream mixture to soak in and the flavours to develop.
6. Bake the pudding for 1 hour or until just set. Dust with icing sugar and serve.