‘He’s alive! He’s alive! He’s alive!’ Okene remembers hearing.
- Harrison Okene, 29, was trapped in air pocket in the dark with no food and only a can of Coke for 60 hours in May
- Said he could hear fish eating his dead colleagues in sunken ship
- Diver found him in air bubble in a cabin 100 feet underwater
- Video showed moment Mr Okene reached out and touched diver, who initially thought he was a corpse
- Pastor at his local church later asked Okene if he used black magic to survive
- The 29-year-old still has nightmares and wakes up next to his wife saying that their bed is sinking
Harrison Odjegba Okene had survived three days in a small air pocket inside an overturned tugboat at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean before he was rescued at the last moment by a diver – but the lucky 29-year-old says he will not be tempting fate again.
In an exclusive interview with The Associated Press, Okene described his miraculous rescue that was videotaped and which went viral after it was uploaded on the Internet this month.
The 29-year-old still has nightmares and vows to never return to the sea again. He has taken a new job as cook on firm ground instead.