A healthy warm dinner for the fast
500 grams peas shelled
500 grams potatoes peeled cut into large cubes
1 large onion finely diced
5 ripe tomatoes peeled and diced
¼ cup olive oil
2 bay leaves
4-5 pepper corns
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1. In a heavy bottom pan sauté onions in oil
2. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, peppercorns and bay leaves.
3. Bring to boil, add peas, potatoes cover and allow cooking on moderated heat till potatoes are cooked.
4. Shake the saucepan every now and then to prevent sticking.
5. Serve accompanied with crusty bread
Fetta cheese is usually served with the bread.