JORDANVILLE — The Holy Trinity Monastery and Seminary is a center for those of the Russian Orthodox faith. The monastery was founded in 1930, and in 1935, after much labor, the house with its church was completed.
During a celebration for the new building, a fire started and the new structure burned to the ground. According to the monastery’s website, the brothers believed upon deep reflection that the fire happened because “it was not worthy for what God intended for the future monastery.” They began to build a new one and the churches today which make up “Holy Trinity Monastery, and later Seminary, as we know them today.”
Buildings that currently make up the monastery include the Optina Chapel, the Chapel of St. John of Kronstadt, Dormition of the Theotokos Chapel and St. Job of Pochaev Chapel. They also have a Russian museum on the grounds. In 2014, the museum opened an exhibit called “The Russian Word and Image: Four Centuries of Books and Art.”
Some recent services at the monastery include Radonista, where the abbot led the monastic brethren, seminarians and community members in prayers for the departed, and Pascha, which is the faithful's Easter service.
A schedule of services, along with more information about the monastery and seminary, can be found at its website at www.jordanville.org.